5/17/08

After the rain...


Today was a really good day.

I feel a lot better physically, which is really great. I was able to get out of the house for a while and go for a walk by myself. It was really nice. I came across a beautiful cast-iron teapot (ready equipped for filtering loose-leaf tea!) that was calling my name from a 50% off sidewalk sale outside a gallery. The lady told me to make her a offer... so this wonderful teapot became my own for only ten dollars (normally thirty!!). We were at once dear friends. Her name is Fay...


Then I came back and got to spend almost all day with Daisy Grace. We went for a walk around the neighborhood checking out garage sales. It was good for me to get some needed exercise after sitting around so much (being sick doesn't let you do a whole lot else) and good for Daisy to collect more compliments just in case she already didn't know how cute she is (however, she snoozed through most of them).


It was beautiful weather for the first time since I've been back. Daisy and I had to 4-wheel the stroller through Jen and Rich's street. Lake Drive is quite a mess these days.


Daisy and I were having such a good day until she decided she was hungry and wanted to scream bloody murder no consoling could remedy for about an hour until Jen got home. I look forward to having kids someday, but it's times like these where I am certain that time is NOT now.

I got to talk with my mom today, which was much needed. It's nice to be able to get out frustrations and thoughts and have them followed by such love and encouragement. I really needed it. Love that lasts doesn't come from us. I have been asking God quite frequently throughout my day for the past few weeks to keep giving me strength, patience and love that doesn't come from me, because I'm learning how fast mine runs out in trying circumstances.

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
Mother Theresa







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...