7/19/08

Back in Oregon.... PART 2!!

Here's another picture from our 4th of July BBQ! Sam took this one.... huh!? I look confused. Haha.... That's my cousin Lacey's back. And my uncle, Mike, is behind me.The next day (yes, I'm wearing the same clothes) Sam took me up to Powell Butte. It was so beautiful!The next day, Sam and I made fettucinni for my sister and her boyfriend and we all had a cleaning party to pick up the new house I am living in while the family was at the beach...yum!...
We are so sophistocated...
After dinner and cleaning, we went for a walk to watch the sunset... gorgeous!!
It was sad to say goodbye to my cousins. Staying with them was wonderful. This is defnitely a classic Cory/Rae picture... He loves me, but he also loves FOOD. Ha ha.
I've been going to Sam's home group on Wednesdays since I've been back. It's probably my favorite thing about being back in Gresham (besides being close to Sam, of course). The people there are so wonderful.... such a great family. I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone there. Harry and Dianne, who lead the group, have been wonderful voices of truth for me. They go to a church called Corum Deo and Sam and I started going a few Sundays ago to see Mike and Marc (from home group) get baptized...

Well, friends, it IS official now. Sam asked my dad for permission to begin courting me officially and we went on our first date July 11th. He took me to my favorite little restaurant... The French Crepery.... a place where you obviously have to really mind your manners....
We had a lot of fun. I think Sam really enjoyed the food...

It's been so incredible having my best friend here with me. I don't think I would survive being back home without him. The past is everywhere here. And it's hard to fight. But God is good. He knows what he's doing, so I don't always have to. Please keep me and the rest of us here in your prayers. Don't forget to check back soon for more pictures! Love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...