7/18/08

Back in Oregon!

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted... which is probably because I have been crazy busy moving from Grand Rapids, MI back to my hometown in Portland, Oregon. It's been quite a transition. Very bittersweet. I miss my Michigan family a lot. There is not a day that goes by when I don't think of all of them and wish that I could have brought them here with me.

I stayed with my cousin the first day I arrived for about a week. Then I moved in with the family I am nannying for. They have three adorable kids... Nathan, Emily and Megan. I watch them every three days and am really enjoying getting to know them. (More about that later!)

Coming back home has been quite an adventure. Things are just beginning to slow down a bit since I arrived. My family, Sam and Grace (Sam's sister) met me at the airport. Sam and Grace had put together a welcome home basket for me, which included these very special custom-made Toms....
It was SO nice to get my hair cut right away by my dear friend, Michael Finch. He does an amazing job. If you're in the Gresham area and you need a haircut, I would highly reccomend you stop by Nails on First and Hair, Too and ask for Mike!
I had a lot of fun hanging out with Grace and the rest of the Snyder's for Grace's birthday...
This is Sam's brother, Dave, giving me a piggy-back ride! I think I almost killed him!...

My parents had a big BBQ at their house for the 4th of July. All my cousins were there and we had our annual croquet tournament! It was really good to see everyone, eat great food and hang out by the fire after dark and watch fireworks.

I have SO much more to share! Come back soon to see more photos!!







3 comments:

  1. Rachel,

    Good to "see" you again!! I've missed you...

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. It is nice to catch up on what you have been up to. Keep posting, it makes you seem closer!

    Hugs
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we miss you too! It's been different without you around here! Can't wait to hear more about what's going on. Love ya, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...