3/12/09

Goodbye, Nathan.


Tuesday evening was the memorial service for Nathan. I thought I would be okay. I haven't been handling his death very well at all. But I finally had a long cry a few days before that gave me a bit of relief and thought that I could make it through the service Tuesday. It was a wonderful service, if you can say that about a couple hours designed to talk about someone that has past on. But as it went on, I found myself lost in confusion and anger again. Ben sang this song he wrote about how much he missed his brother. I couldn't believe he sang it in front of all those people. The song was incredible. One line in particular: If living is Christ and dying is gain then I'm not about to get in your way.

I miss you, Nathan. My mind understands all of this as part of God's plan. It's obvious. But my heart just doesn't get it. I love you. I can't wait to see you again.






1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, Rae. I pray that God himself will hold you in His love, wrap you in His strong arms, and comfort your sad heart.

    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...