10/6/09

Dia de los Muertos

One of my favorite holidays... probably because it kicks off the holidays in my family tradition and because it reminds us of the loved ones who have past, keeping them close in our hearts and minds through the duration of the holiday season.

My mom and I started a tradition several years back of making an altar or shrine for Dia de los Muertos, honoring and remembering our lost loved ones. It has always been such a joy to put together, especially this year with my own family!

Sam and I have cleared a space in our living room and starting putting our altar together. It's looking more and more beautiful every day and I can't wait to see what it looks like by November 2nd (I will do my best to update with pictures)! It's beautiful bringing pictures of loved ones from both of our families together. It really does bring warmth and love to our hearts.

I think it's so awesome that CRAFT magazine and ILovetoCreate have paired up to put together a Crafty Chica Challenge to create a Day of the Dead Shrine. Check it out! They even have a Flickr pool where challenge-ees can upload pictures of their shrines. I will definitely be contributing pictures of mine!

Crafty Chica Challenge: Day of the Dead Shrine












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...