5/12/10

Another DELICIOUS recipe from Elana's Pantry!


So, I'm starting to get hooked on the recipes from Elana's Pantry. I was craving chocolate chip cookies and decided to try her recipe for them. I didn't use the dairy-free one, just substituted Smart Balance for the butter and added my own gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips. I even used Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal (even though she specifically tells you not to) and guess what? They were SCRUMPTIOUS! Sam even told me they were better than regular chocolate chip cookies! Here's the yummy recipe (with my substitutes):

Gluten Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour (Bob's Red Mill almond meal works!)
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons Smart Balance, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup agave nectar
1 cup dark chocolate 73% (or any other GF, DF chocolate chips)
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
Mix wet ingredients into dry
Form 1¨ balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet
Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
Cool and serve
Makes 24 cookies






1 comment:

  1. I am going to make these this weekend!!! When I move home in three weeks I am going to try to control my dad's diet (yes, I am a control freak).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...