5/2/10

GF DF Homemade Starbucks Orange Valencia Cake

photo by elana
You may remember seeing (and tasting) this delicious cake in muffin form at Starbucks. I was so disappointed when they told me they weren't carrying it anymore because there wasn't a big enough market for it in the area! However, I was very happy to see this recipe from Elana's Pantry for a homemade version. It takes about 5 hours total to make, but if you have the time (and a food processor) it's very easy! My cake is making its debut at Searainya's graduation party open house today and I'm eager to see what the response will be. :) Try it for yourself!


Elana's Gluten Free Valencia Orange Cake
2 oranges
4 eggs
¾ cup agave nectar
2 cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Wash the oranges and boil them whole (peel and all) for 1 ½ hours, or until soft
Place whole oranges (peel and all) in a food processor and blend until smooth
Process in eggs, agave, almond flour, salt and baking soda until well blended
Pour batter into a greased 9-Inch round cake pan
Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean
Cool in the pan for 2 hours
Serve






2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds delicious! I too was disappointed when Starbucks stopped serving this. I am coming back to your blog when I have a chance to do some baking... wonder where to get almond flour, though. Where do you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried this one yet from her blog. Laura's mom made the carrot cake from the cookbook and said it is amazing!

    I get my almond flour from http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/blanchedalmondflour5lb.aspx. I think Bob's Red Mill has a finely ground almond flour as well, but it's about double the price per pound.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...