7/6/10

SuperMama...

Saturday I almost killed myself. Not intentionally, of course. Just trying to be Super-Mama/Wife. The day started off with a hike for Grace's birthday to Wahclella Falls in the Columbia Gorge. I carried Salem on my back the entire way! I was determined to do it.
It was really beautiful and refreshing to be out in the lovelyness and get some exercise, but a lot of work. Sam had a great time, too. His highlight of the hike was his decision to lug a rather large rock to the bridge over Turner Creek and lob it into the water...


After that we decided to be absolutely nuts and venture to Costco on the day before the 4th of July...? Yeah... like I said... nuts. Luckily, we made a successful escape.

We drove over to my parents so I could clean their house prior to their holiday BBQ. So yes, I deep cleaned their entire house... bathrooms, vacuuming, mopping, etc. All the while trying to deal with a VERY cranky baby AND bake brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies for my hubby and for the next day's BBQ.

After FINALLY getting my cranky baby to sleep that evening, I had one small glass of wine and laid down for a few minutes. When I got up, the room was spinning. The next day, Salem and I took a nap together for over TWO HOURS. I guess maybe me trying to be Super-Mama wore her out, too!

I had to come to face the fact that I am not Super-Mama after all. But that's okay, because I don't think I could handle all that comes with being Super-Mama. Besides, just being Mama is pretty super anyway.







1 comment:

  1. you are super mama, but us moms always try to take on more than we should :)

    I wish I could hike with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...