8/2/10

I saw the sturgeon

Yesterday, we went to meet up with Sam's cousins (who are visiting from California) at the fish hatchery at the Bonneville Dam for lunch. I had never seen all of the fish there, so Sam, Salem, and I ventured about watching the baby Salmon learning to jump upstream and the rainbow trout swimming around. I walked down to look at the sturgeon pond... little did I know I was in for a huge surprise. I watched as an 11 foot long, 500 pound, 70 year old white sturgeon swam right up to the window, showing off his prehistoric looking figure. I was awestruck.
photo by bcsmith46
All day long I kept thinking about how amazing it was and that moment of it swimming past the window replayed again and again in my mind. I'll never forget it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...