11/26/10

Thankful.7.

It has been a week full of thanks. This little project has definitely tinted my glasses a bit more with gratefulness. There are so many things (big and small) I take for granted. I want to have a more grateful attitude. To wake up each morning and think, what do I have to be thankful for today? What new things will I have to be thankful for by the end of today? Where do I think all these things come from anyway? 

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

When I give thanks, I feel as though it is something I was meant to do. I feel at peace. I feel right. 

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I've had this song stuck in my head all day. A couple lines keep repeating over and over...
"... Father of lights, you delight in your children... every good and perfect gift comes from you..."
And it is more than I can understand, really. Does God really delight in giving good and perfect gifts to me? To all of his children? I don't think these "good and perfect" gifts are always the ones we ask for, or the ones we think are good and perfect. But if he is our Father, he must know what's best to give us, his children, even when we don't understand. 

So Today, I am thankful for...

The Giver.
photo by auntsmack4u
And that I may respond as a giver of thanks.








1 comment:

  1. You put it into words well,Rae. It's a thought I ponder every once in a while, that The Perfect Father gives gifts to His children just because He loves us so much, not because we deserve them. He is so generous with us! Thank you for focusing this week on thanks. I have a list of "joys and thank yous" that I started years ago, of little everyday things that make me glad, gifts from the Father. It is a good habit, and on the days that are hard and not so happy, it is good to have a written list to go back to, reminding me of the gifts in my life when it is hard to think of them on my own. I started it in a spiral notebook, and now I add to it periodically on my blog. If you go to the topic "joys and thank yous" or "gratitude" on the sidebar, you will find the posts with my list. :-) There is so much! So Much to delight us! We really should stop and say, "thank you" once in a while!thank you for sharing your thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...