1/31/11

And now, what you've all been waiting for!

Happy Birthday, Salem!

In case you haven't heard, my little girl turned one a week ago! My sister took these awesome photos and I just got them today, so of course I must share them! (What, are you crazy?)


That adorable dress was actually mine and I wore at my first birthday party as well. Only then, it was a drab pink and totally 80s. So, I dyed it using this fabulous fabric dye called idye and made some felt roses to jazz it up a bit. Don't you love those frilly socks?? I made them! Apparently, nobody sells frilly baby socks anymore (lame!) so I had to improvise.
party dress
Salem got like a bazillion presents (thanks everyone!!!). She definitely got the opening part down. Now, whenever she sees a gift bag, she smiles super big and races over to pull out its contents.

I made a special cake just for her (gluten-free dairy-free carrot cake and cream cheese frosting). I had so much fun making and decorating it. I'd have to say that decorating cakes is probably a secret passion of mine. Looks like it's not a secret anymore. :)
_DSC0203
Here she is taking her first taste...

It was so good, she had to share it with everyone else!





The aftermath:

Thanks so much to everybody that was able to make it! We sure created one beautiful memory together :)






2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...