1/20/11

Deceptively Delicious

Someone told me I had to get this book, so I looked up my dear old friend, the Multnomah County Library, and put it on hold. Guess what? I got it last week and have been droooooooooling over all the recipes. Jessica Seinfeld (who is actually Jerry Seinfeld's wife, go figure!) has come up with this ingenius idea to get vegetables into her family's diet. So I'm going to tell the secret (of course)... she purees them and cooks them into yummy food! Like brownies with carrot and spinach purees! 

mmMMMMMmm. 

Imagine the possibilities come summer!!!! (Am I the only one who can't wait until farmer's market!?!?!?!?)

I have been so inspired by this idea that I have begun to brainstorm ways to puree vegetables into my own concoctions to get Salie to eat them (in case you haven't heard, Salie has suddenly become disgusted with veggies she used to be a huge fan of such as avocados, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, etc). So yesterday, I pulled out my bag of frozen peas, carrots, lima beans, corn, & green beans and threw a cup of the mix into the micro to steam, then into the Magic Bullet with a dash of almond milk, tofutti sour cream, tomato sauce, smart balance, and garlic and voila!

For dinner, I mixed up some of this magic with some gluten-free pasta and she chowed it down!



What did I learn about being a parent? 
Sometimes, it's okay to lovingly trick your kids into doing something against their will.






PS. Today, this child is cute.







3 comments:

  1. Awe! I luv how u called her 'Salie' too.
    Brilliant mommy info to share. It is also brilliant for all to use & apply!
    Thanks Rae.
    Your mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen has this cookbook and LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I had discovered it sooner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...