1/24/11

I know what you're all waiting for

...pictures of Salie's first birthday party, right? Well, I didn't take any.











































Good thing my sister did!
haha... gotchya!
Unfortunately, she isn't done editing them yet, so you still have to wait.

* * *

In other news,
I had the most wonderful wake up Saturday morning and I absolutely must share it with you! You really have no choice in the matter (unless, of course, you close this window. But then you would forever be in a state of suspense as to what was so wonderful about it, and you would spend the rest of your life filled with sorrow and regret... and we both know you don't want that).

So, Saturday around 8 am, this beautiful bright ball in the sky poured light through our windows and woke me up! It was so foreign, I hardly remembered what to call it, but its magical warmth drew me to put my shoes and coat on, grab my camera, and walk out the door to bask in only the best kind of vitamin D. I went walking around taking tons of shots, squatting down in the fresh dewy grass to capture some sparkly green bliss, cocking my head sideways to catch a shot of some freshly sprouting new life, and really just in complete euphoria with no company but my trusty D5000 and the lovely songs of the volery around me. I was just about to head back inside, when an unmistakable sound met my ear.
This pileated fellow was hardly fearful of me. I kept creeping up more closely on him until I was about three feet away, but he didn't seem to mind at all. I think, actually, he was rather proud to show off his loud red crest and 15 mph pecking skills. He kept readjusting to better angles and poses for my camera and looking over as if to say, "Did you get that one?". So, naturally, a photo shoot began.


And that was the knock on my morning's door.







1 comment:

  1. Rae, you impress me more and more each day as a wonderful Mom, an amazing writer and a creative photographer. I love you and I'm sorry I don't tell you this enough, I am SOOOOO PROUD of you!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...