2/28/11

blah blah blog


I would like to take this time to bring you an important message:

my husband reads harry potter!
(and LIKES it!)

Even a quick look-over can convert the most skeptical of critics.

Can you believe it? These are some direct quotes from our household lately...

"I can't believe I thought I knew what these were about!"
"I judged these books."
"JK Rowling is an incredible author!"
"I can't wait to find out what happens next!"

So you see, you really can't judge a book by its cover. 

I have to admit, however, that I, too, judged them. That was, of course, before I lost myself in Rowling's world for a summer. I read all of the books in a couple months and I have been a dedicated fan ever since, dragging my leery husband to all of the movies. "Because I love you." He'd say and I'd gladly fill him in on all the details he was missing, whether he really wanted to know them or not. 

But it seems the seed I planted has grown into a beautiful whomping willow. He's been reading them for one month now and has already started the fourth book (take note: that's a lot faster than me)! You have no idea how excited I am to walk into the last Deathly Hallows movie with my well informed and appreciative other half, and not have to explain a single thing! Hey, he may even have to explain a few things to refresh my memory!

In the words of Grace Kelly, "Isn't it a fine day? Is everybody fine? That's fine."






1 comment:

  1. My husband was the exact same way. I started out reading them and by the time I got to the last one, I had raved about them so much he decided to give them a go. Now we both look forward to the movies when the come out :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...