2/8/11

Dentophobia

So, I went to the dentist for the first time in 6 years today. 
(I haven't had dental insurance, people! Come on, give me a break!)

It was only a new patient exam, so no cleaning or anything, which was great, considering this is what I usually imagine when I hear the word "dentist"...

photo credit

Unfortunately, that won't be the last I see of Doctor D. I have to come back TWICE. And then I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out.

Quick, what were those relaxation techniques???
Hee, hee, hohhhh... Hee, hee, hohhhh...
wait...
does lamaze work for dental visits?

I don't think I would really mind it all that much if it weren't for the sticking sharp objects and drills in my mouth part. Oh yeah, and the part where they tell you that you need to do this and that 50 times a day and you're doing everything wrong and you're a horrible person and blah blah blah. Seriously, those hygienists get paid way too much to tear down my self confidence!

Now I must spend the rest of the day trying to rebuild it. So, it's time for lunch with my friend and maybe a thrift store excursion to top it off!

So, don't you want to see cute photos of Salie and I on our mama/daughter date at Laughing Planet??
(of course you do!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...