3/2/11

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!


portrait by rama hughes
I'm pretty sure my childhood would have been absolutely terrible were it not for this man.
Don't you agree?

Dr. Seuss taught me ABCs, colors, numbers, vowel sounds, rhyme, to laugh and be silly, to stand up for what's right, to be brave, to be a thinker of great things, to be careful of what I wish for, to be my best me, to not put myself in a box, to be curious, to treat people fairly, to try new things, that my voice counts, and MANY many other valuable lessons.

His stories will forever be in my heart and in my home, passed down to my children and hopefully their children. 

Thank you, Dr. Seuss, for living! Thank you for being the best you!

Happy 107th Birthday!

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
-Dr Seuss ("Happy Birthday to You!")






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite quotes ever is from Dr. Suess: “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...