3/21/11

losing my wisdom.

For those of you who were unaware,
I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday.

Countdown to Wisdom Tooth Removal
photo by KS girl

I was super nervous. I am not a huge fan of the dentist, as you already know. But I survived. And it wasn't at all as bad as I thought it would be. Here is what I remember:

Nurse takes me into room and sits me down in chair.
She tells me, "When you wake up, you're going to feel like you went out and drank a lot... do you drink?"
"Occasionally."
"Okay, you're going to feel like you got wasted, but with a numb face."
"What a night that must have been."

Doctor comes in talking about who-knows-what and starts sticking an IV in my arm. I notice a tupperware filled with IV syringes next to him as he begins to pick up one at a time and inject them into my IV.
"That's a lot." I say.
"What's a lot?"
"A lot of syringes."
"Yeah, it is."
I start to feel warm and fuzzy.
"I think it's workinggggggg....."

Next thing I know, I'm begging the nurse to let me take the warm fuzzy blanket home and asking where my husband is.
"We can't let him come back until you can stand up with my help and then sit back down."
You better believe that was the fastest (yet slowest) I've ever stood up out of a chair.
"Okay, where is he?"

I think I asked the nurse at least five times how long the surgery went because she kept laughing at me and saying, "I already told you!"

The rest is all sort of mushed together. Sam was hungry and wanted to stop by Taco Bell, but when he parked I became paranoid that the people standing outside were staring at me, so he decided to skip it and go straight home. Somewhere along the car ride home, I remember doing Andre the Giant impressions and telling Sam I loved him a bagillion times. Nothing unusual.

So it really wasn't that bad.
Now, I have four less teeth than I used to and I don't have to worry about them causing problems later. Sounds good to me (Plus, I get to eat a whole lot of ice cream. It's essential for keeping the swelling down, you know).




Ps. By the way,
a big shout out to Sam's parents
and mine for helping out with
Salem while I am  on drugs
and sporting an ice-pack
santa beard.


Pps. I'm thinking about turning them into wearable jewelry like this...
what do you think?








5 comments:

  1. My dear sister can tell you about picking me up after I got my wisdom teeth out. We had a discussion on the ride home about how much I like cheese and how I feel that my passion for cheese far exceeds the normal persons. Upon arriving home I proceeded to run up the stairs to my apartment and nearly ran through the closed door that Andrea was standing behind. All in all, a pretty solid day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jewelry is disgusting! I'm glad you are healing so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty awesome, Nick. :)

    And yes, the jewelry is disgusting......ly unique?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU'RE WELCOME! OUR PLEASURE :-)
    RE: WISDOM JEWELRY...
    IT FIGURES ONLY SOMEONE FROM ASHLAND WOULD THINK OF THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dangit! Nick already posted the best wisdom teeth story I have. He was so funny!! And he seriously talked about cheese the whole way... cheddar, colby jack, mozzarella... he loves them all.. :)

    Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...