8/25/11

Home Tour, part four.

Welcome, welcome to...

SALEM'S ROOM
(room of peace)

Saliesroom1
I absolutely love how Salem's room came together. It was the first room I worked on when we moved in. She just has so many people who love her and it shows everywhere you look in this room. That's the reading chair she's in at the bottom right. The quilt and owl pillow on it were made by my cousin ("Auntie Lacey") while I was prego. The shelf above has lots of lovely trinkets on it, including paintings done by dear friends, a wooden swan from Grandma Betty, vintage toys, and a sock elephant I made before Sam and I were hitched. The mobile above the crib is the "bat-mobile" I made while I was pregnant, along with several other things in the room. You remember the rug she fell in love with, right? The giant shelf/storage piece was FREE on craigslist. It's my best find yet, I think. We're still filling up the shelves, but more on that in a minute.

Saliesroom2
The dresser was my mom's baby dresser. She had it stripped and stained when she became an adult and it survived through my sister and I as well. The paintings above it, as well as all the doilies in the room, were gifts from my mom, also. My Bekahfriend made the height chart for Salie's first birthday. Now, you can see the special pictures on the giant shelf. Left to right: baby me, Sam and pregnant me, Sam's grandma Coral (Salie's first namesake), my grandma Fay (Salie's second namesake), and baby Salie. There's actually real coral next to the photo of Sam's grandma, and the cardinal was given to me by my uncle at the hospital when Salem was born. It was a reminder of the story I told him about seeing one for the first time in Michigan and how its beauty left me speechless.

There are so many other wonderful stories this room holds, I couldn't begin to tell them all. It's a perfect place for a growing little girl. Oh, I almost forgot to mention... solar system!
_DSC0116

Tomorrow you might just get
a peek at my room!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...