8/24/11

Home Tour, part three.

Please walk down the hall for a potty stop. Those photos on the wall are of friends and family. My sister gave me the black-framed collage as a gift, to the left of that is an old photo of Sam and his sibs, below that is me and my Isabella Rainy, to the right of that is my uncle Willie feeding his buffalo, to the right of that is my Lily bug licking ketchup off her fingers, and above that is Salie. Whew! Don't look in that room at the end of the hall yet!! Bathroom break! Remember??
_DSC0129

BATHROOM 
(home of the bath) 

bathroom
I love this room. Do you know why? There are so many reasons... partly because it is not in my bedroom... or perhaps because it still has a medicine cabinet hidden behind the mirror... but mostly because it has a bathtub. If you were not aware, there was no bathtub at our old place. This was complete torture during my pregnancy! Those days of crying like Tobias in my tile shower, wishing for to soak my plump self in a tub are OVER! When we first moved in, I took epsom salt baths every week! I have slowed down a bit, but I'm not the only one who is in love. Salie's favorite time is bathtime, I think. If she hears the water running in the tub and does not get to climb in it, she is one unhappy little lady. 

The bathroom features some other lovelies, like my dragonfly shadowbox (yard sale find) and Rick Beerhorst original Owl wood block print. The Paris lamp was recently re-homed to this room. It's perfect for creating a less alarming light for middle-of-the-night bathroom visits. The shower curtain is from Target. I bought it when we still lived in our old place (where we had sliding glass doors and didn't need a shower curtain), but I knew someday I would have a bathtub!

Come back tomorrow to see
that room at the end of the
hall I told you not to
peek in! 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...