9/9/11

Free things to do in the Portland Summer: Director Park!

_DSC0033
I know, I know... school's started for most, but that doesn't mean it's not summer! It's hot outside and a great place to cool off for free is Director Park downtown. It's new and fresh and the 19th block in the contiguous park blocks (in between Yamhill and Taylor). There are lots of tables and chairs in the shade, and a great wading pool for kids of any age to splash around in during the summer. To be honest, it gets pretty packed most of the summer, but post labor day is the best time to go (all those not so conscientious older kids are in school!).

Salem and I went there with my sister today during her lunch and I adored watching them play in the water together...

_DSC0040
_DSC0051
_DSC0070






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...