9/13/11

Lady in the Water: children's book review!



Did you know that I have the best pen pal ever? Her name is Jess and she keeps the postal service alive! Oh, how I love my friend Jess. We used to make mail together in college to send to other people, but I've never really been on the receiving side of her mail projects. Recently, she sent Salie a very special book. Lady in the Water: A Bedtime Story by M. Night Shyamalan. For those of you who are unaware, I am a very big M. Night fan (not too sure about his last two movie choices, but hey I don't judge). I was so excited about this gift, people! Lady in the water is one of my favorites of his movies, and I knew that he had made up the story for his kids.
The illustrations by Crash McCreery are magical--beautifully eerie, which harmonizes with his full-time work as a creature designer and visual effects artists in films including Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and Terminator. M. Night's writing style is reminiscent to Mercer Mayer's in There's An Alligator Under My Bed--the narrator is aware the story is far-fetched, but his innocent confidence persuades the reader to belief. It's an alluring story that will lull your child into fanciful dreams. 


photos via






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...