10/7/11

Humbled.

safe.

I'd love to say that we never struggle to put food on the table, but I'd be lying.

Last weekend, Sam and I payed rent, a few other bills, and surveyed the week, wondering how or what we were going to eat. We prayed and asked God for help, tried to encourage each other that it would be okay, and struggled to believe it. I think it was in a moment of desperation that I sent out a plea on facebook to friends and family for extra canned foods unneeded in their pantry.


The response we got was unbelievable.

At church the next morning, a family member greeted us with a bag of food. When we got home, we found an envelope in our mailbox with money for groceries. My uncle drove all the way from Sherwood to bring us costco-sized packages of food he wasn't in need of. Two days later, some friends dropped off a cooler full of delicious food. Then, my cousin brought over two bags full of produce and things for lunches.

Please, excuse us if we have not been terribly ourselves... but it's hard to, when our mouths have hung open and our eyes are watering. We have been so blessed by your generosity and love toward us. Our fridge was empty Sunday morning, and now we couldn't possibly fit another thing into it. Thank you. Thank you for caring.

"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs."
Isaiah 41:17-18








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...