10/10/11

Memories and spooky things.

Random bits of holiday things. Halloween and Dia de los Muertos, of course. I have added a few new calacas to the collection, which is extremely bittersweet. I never would have imagined I would be adding my childhood family dog and dear Aunt to the group of immortalized personas. As much as I miss them, it is sweet to see them daily and wrap their memories around me. The bats I cut out by hand and hung in each section of our front window. The purple lights were free leftovers from a neighbor's garage sale. I love free things! That's Salie's pumpkin, or "pum-pin" as she calls it. It's only about four or five inches in diameter, but it's perfect size for her. Every time she sees it, she gives it a kiss and says, "Awww, pum-pin!"














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...