11/7/11

Down with the sickness.

This weekend, we had a house full of sickies, which means whole lot of doing nothing like it was going out of style. Signing time. Blankets. Snuggles. Movies. Footie pajamas. Tea. Sniffles. Soup. It was quite the storm of energy-robbing tornados up in here. I braved Saturday morning outside my house and ventured to my sister-in-law's baby shower. It was nice to be around family and visit with people I don't normally get to see. Salem was so well behaved-- it sort of blew my socks off. She loved all of the hugs, high pitched voices, and seemingly endless amount of ladies to narrate her farm animal book to her. She even got to take home a ballon (actually, she swiped it, but don't tell anybody)! We gladly came home to a glorious pile of couch/blanket/coziness, and while Salie slept, I did what a good wife should do and watched The Godfather Part III with the hubs. (I know, I deserve a medal, right?) The hubs was feeling so gross from wallowing in sick all day, that he dressed up in a suit to go to the grocery store. I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure he was thinking in an Italian accent at that point. He might have even taken care of some business in the back room of the store, who knows. What I do know, is that he came home bearing gifts of non-stick stainless steel pans, and there was much rejoicing! A glorious batch of scrambled eggs were easily cleaned out of those pans Sunday morning, my friends. Perhaps they were laced with white blood cells, because we are all feeling a little better now, and the pans are that good.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...