11/28/11

A hubsy had a birthday!

My darling hubs was born last Wednesday, twenty-four years ago. Boy, am I glad that happened!! He is such a wonderful hubs and daddy to our little girl (and dog). It was a joy to celebrate him the first-half of the week. 

Monday, I took him to a surprise concert to see tUnE-YarDs... which he figured out because he is a part-time detective and figures everything out! Grr... However, the awesomeness of the concert way exceeded the snoopiness of the hubs. We were seriously blown away at how talented this Merrill Garbus girl is. She is a one-woman band! Throw in a bass player and two saxophonists/trash-can-bangers/goofy-dancers and you have a heavenly earful of BAM! I somehow managed to snag us a couple of seats in the first row of the balcony, to save our weary feet from standing-room only at a sold-out show. I was a little bummed after being scolded for using my camera, so no great photos to share. Here's the best one I could conjure up...


And here are all the people leaving afterwards...


It was quite packed. But if you heard this girl, you'd know why. Well, why I don't I share this music video to give you a little taster of what this Merrill can do?

So, on his real birthday, we had a little lunch at home on his work break...
And a family dinner at his parents house later that evening (which I don't have pictures of...?). The day after that, we went out to our favorite little classy cocktail place. Can you believe it, three days of birthday celebration! It was a grand ole time! And now my hubsy is SOOO much older than me! 24, sheesh! I bet he can't even remember what it was like to feel as young as 23!
;)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...