12/6/11

Tis the season to... what exactly?

Another Bokeh
There's something in the air, my friends. Something other than chill and frost. It's the Christmasness that comes around this time of year that makes my eyes like a child's again. I see things through Salem's eyes and remember the wonder I felt as a little girl, scouring the night for more Christmas lights. It's so strange to attempt to meld this perspective with one of adulthood--of electric bills, messes, and doubt. I question the intent of the carols I so carelessly sang with all of my heart in childhood and yet I hope for their truth all the same. I try to instill the right sentiments for the season in Salie, but I often struggle with clarity as to which are those right ones in a world full of blow-up-Santa-holly-copters and every-friday-is-black-friday-sales. I guess this Christmas, for me, is a time of searching for truth. So let me ask, what is Christmas to you? Really?






photo via






1 comment:

  1. Gifts, trees, lights, while these are all fun and we see good in them. I think my favorite Christmas Carol sums it all up...

    "A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious light!"
    "Oh Night when Christ was born, Oh night Divine..."

    There has never been and will never be a night so important to the history of mankind...a night when the Divine Creator of the world and everything in it, became human to make a way for us to know Him. Why? Just so we could be with Him.

    I don't know about you, but that gives this weary soul a Thrill of Hope and I rejoice at the thought! This is Christmas to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...