4/11/12

Easter

What a beauuuuutiful Easter we had ourselves this year! It was sunny and warm, and oh so perfect.

We spent Easter Eve at the park by the community center hunting for eggs with a bagillion other kids (no exaggeration, I assure you). As soon as the hunt was on, the eggs (and there were a LOT of them) were all gone within minutes. The hubs mentioned that this must be what it's like when a plague of locusts descends on a crop. I really think he's on to something. Regardless of how short it was, it was fun. I made sure Salem picked up all the eggs herself, as I watched other parents scooping up armfuls for their "child's" stash. Ha.

_DSC0005
_DSC0016
_DSC0019
_DSC0022
_DSC0029
_DSC0047

The sugar high begins...
_DSC0059
_DSC0070
_DSC0076

Portland Fire was there to offer their sirens as a starting noise for each hunt and to show off their engines. How timely that Salie has (thanks to Elmo Visits the Fire House) been very very interested in anything firefighter related. "Wow, that's cool!!" was her exclamation in seeing the engine. She was a little too intimidated to sit inside, but I think she was rather more excited about the fire-badge sticker one of the firefighters gave her.

_DSC0101
_DSC0100

Easter Sunday was so beautiful and relaxing. I continued my tradition of sewing Salie her own dress (for the third year in a row!), thanks to this pattern/tutorial. Church was wonderful and we had a delicious brunch at my folks' house afterwards (debuting my gluten-free hot cross buns), followed by more egg-hunting, relaxing, and an evening walk, in which the hubs so chivalrously carried me on his shoulders the entire trek back up the hill because I had a blister on my foot. He's a keeper, people. It was a day full of lots and lots of love.

_DSC0110
_DSC0119
_DSC0123
_DSC0135
_DSC0142
_DSC0154
_DSC0165
_DSC0177
_DSC0180
_DSC0189
_DSC0210
_DSC0212
_DSC0226
_DSC0240
_DSC0264







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...