5/18/12

Mama/Salie Picnic Date at Cathedral Park

Untitled

Wednesday, I was longing for adventure and that's my excuse. I dropped the hubs off at school and headed down highway 30 until I got to St. Johns. I've always wanted to go to Cathedral Park, which is nestled underneath the St. Johns bridge, so Salie and I traipsed around until we found a good spot to lay down our blanket and munch on our gluten-free pancake dinner.

Untitled

I underestimated the hunger of my two-year-old. I brought six pancakes, of which Salem ate FOUR and I scavenged two before she was able to steal them away. (Side note: I currently have TWO little ones stealing my food, leaving me in a constant state of hungrymamamonster.)

Untitled

After dinner (and problem solving the clean up of syrup-face/hands without wipes or napkins), we decided to venture out on a little dock, to get a good look at the boats going under the bridge. There were some people fishing and Salem kept yelling, "There's a fish on the line!!" The fishermen didn't find it quite as amusing as I did, since we seemed to be scaring their dinner away. So, we took our crumbs over to the shore of the river to share with the ducks and geese (and little fluffy goslings).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On our way back up from the water, a train chugged by on the railroad dividing the park. We plopped down on the sidewalk to wait for it to move on by. "Look at that train! I love this train! It's beautiful!" Salem exclaimed.

Untitled

You might be able to figure out why they call it Cathedral Park--the windows in this place are truly breathtaking. I think it just might be my favorite church around... and I'm thinking about attending regularly.

Untitled








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...